All of us have busy lives, whether a professional artist or a keen amateur, you paint, you make, you exhibit and then sell. Happy days! However, in the gap between exhibiting and selling it is quite possible that your precious work, your means of income, is scattered far and wide, spread out between several galleries and venues. It is very easy to forget who has what. Not only can this situation cause you some stress and anxiety, and it will, believe me! It also appears massively unprofessional. Afterall, if you don’t care enough to know where your work is, then it seems to others that you simply don’t take yourself, or your work, seriously.
With an ARTLOOK system in place you can consign out your paintings. Each painting entry in your inventory has a transactions page. This is where it is marked as Available, that can be changed to Sold, Reserved or Consigned. Every artwork that leaves your studio to be held by someone else can thus have its status noted. If you label them as Consigned, you will then be able to add the rate of commission that the venue is going to charge you upon the event of a sale. So, for example if your gallery charges a commission of 40% you can enter that and Artlook does the maths!
All of this is a dream come true for you as the artist but also for your galleries, making a professional, mutually beneficial relationship, run in a smooth and successful way.
- 20 Reasons Why You Need a Website - May 2023
- Plein Air Painting, Pros and Cons and how Artlook can help. - May 2023
- Taking and Using Pictures of your Artwork - May 2022
- Do I Need a Web Site? - March 2022
- Artlook Spotlight Rebecca Styles - February 2022
- Artlook Spotlight: Sheila Fowler - January 2022
- Beating the January Blues - January 2022
- What is Artlook. - August 2020
- Making Social Media work for You. - April 2020
- Ideas for keeping your Art Business healthy during a pandemic. - March 2020