I have a question:
How easy do you find it to update your website?
Over time, I have lost count of the number of artists and crafts people who I have heard say things like ” I have a website but it isn’t finished”, or ” It takes up so much of my time. I really don’t know how to work it”, or even ” The people who I pay generously for their professional services are impossible to contact when I need them”. And so on.
That’s why Artlook for Artists is such a brilliant tool.
One Sunday, when I had arranged to pay a visit to a prospective client, I wanted to ensure that the work we were planning to discuss was prominently placed within my website and that the paintings I was planning to show him were relevant and also appeared in the correct order.
So I sat down with a coffee, got out my iPad and brought up my Artlook inventory. I made a new grouping. I popped in the paintings. I checked the details – price, medium, etc – and wrote a few descriptions. Job done!
Confident that my website was as up to date as possible I went off to my meeting. It was a complete success.
An Artlook website is so easy to manage and I can always make adjustments as and when I need. For example, I can add seasonal pages in order to appeal to the Christmas market when many people buy paintings as gifts. It is also very nice to be able to create a home page which reflects the time of year … summer by the sea, early autumn etc. And on a more day-to-day note I can add important news when necessary or keep exhibition details up to date. The day to day maintenance is as easy as using a Blog or Facebook.
One last note: If you are new to Artlook and prefer not to have to set up your initial inventory yourself, then for a small additional fee we can help with that. Our team will set you up and get you started. And we are always available for one-to-one help and advice along the way.
See for yourself what Artlook can do for you – there is a free 30 day trial so you can create a website and experiment with all the styles – and if you have a question there is a friendly team available to help you at every step.
Need some inspiration? Here are some links to websites that other artists have created using Artlook:
- Ideas for keeping your Art Business healthy during a pandemic. - March 2020
- Keeping your Art Business Running Smoothly - February 2020
- The peculiar stress of being a self-employed artist and how to deal with it. - November 2018
- Creating Habits for Success - August 2018
- A Simple Guide to Photographing your Artwork - April 2018
- Pricing your work – consistency matters - March 2018
- A Commission Contract - January 2018
- Learn to love your website - December 2017
- Art at the Movies - September 2017
- I Post Therefore I Am … further travels with Artlook - August 2017